Product code: CWBEFMH1.1
Title: Material Handling
Publisher: CWB Group
Format: E-learning Course
Length: 4 hours
Safely handle material on the shop floor!
Material handling refers to the process of moving, protecting, storing, and controlling materials throughout the manufacturing process from raw material to the final shipped product. Understand how material can be moved safely around the shop.
About the Course
Through easy-to-understand exercises, you’ll receive basic material handling for fabrication and welding operations.
The Material Handling e-learning course consists of four lessons. The content is delivered using a combination of audio instruction, diagrams, photographs, and real-life examples. The lessons conclude with an exam that will help you gauge your progress through the material.
- The objectives and regulations in place around material handling
- Recognize common lifting and rigging hazards
- Properly estimate loads, manage load limits, and balance loads by using the center of gravity
- Learn how to properly lift, rig, move, and turn objects using ropes, chains, rigs, magnets, carts, and other methods
- Master common hand signals to communicate with others while moving equipment
This course is designed for:
- New and minimally skilled fabricators and welders
- Shop floor supervisors and managers
Anytime, anyplace online learning
The CWB Acorn online course combines the elements of traditional live seminars with the convenience of online learning. The course is available online 24 / 7, 365 days a year, enabling you to choose when and where you want to learn. You can complete the course from your office, home, or on –the road. All you need is an internet connection.
After the course is purchased, you'll be emailed your login instructions to TopClass, FMA’s online learning platform. Your registration gives you access to the course until you complete it. You can complete it all in one sitting or each lesson individually until the entire course has been completed. Once you’ve completed the course, you’ll be able to download your certificate of course completion.
About CWB Group
CWB is an industry-supported, private sector not-for-profit organization providing welding certification, management systems registration, and training services.