Product code: CWBEFHS1.1
Title: Health and Safety
Publisher: CWB Group
Format: E-learning Course
Length: 5 hours
Work safely by mastering health and safety fundamentals!
Occupational Health and Safety regulations are in place to protect fabricators and welders on the job by preventing injury or death in the workplace. Fabricators and welders will understand what regulations are in place for their protection, what their personal responsibility is to ensure their safety, and how to identify and avoid common hazards.
About the Course
Through easy-to-understand exercises, you’ll receive a thorough understanding of health and safety theory for the shop floor.
The Health and Safety e-learning course consists of five lessons. The content is delivered using a combination of audio instruction, diagrams, photographs, and real-life examples. The lessons conclude with an exam that will help you gauge your progress through the material.
- Common Occupational Health and Safety requirements while on the job
- Understand what the Workplace Hazardous Information System is
- Recognize and avoid common workplace hazards
- Correctly use personal protective equipment
- Follow proper lockout / tagout procedures
- Develop safe practices for working in confined spaces, using ladders and scaffolds, and lifting heavy objects to avoid injury
This course is designed for:
- New and minimally skilled fabricators and welders
- New hires for the shop floor
- Managers and supervisors overseeing the shop floor
- Safety and HR professionals
Anytime, anyplace online learning
The CWB Acorn online course combines the elements of traditional live seminars with the convenience of online learning. The course is available online 24 / 7, 365 days a year, enabling you to choose when and where you want to learn. You can complete the course from your office, home, or on –the road. All you need is an internet connection.
After the course is purchased, you'll be emailed your login instructions to TopClass, FMA’s online learning platform. Your registration gives you access to the course until you complete it. You can complete it all in one sitting or each lesson individually until the entire course has been completed. Once you’ve completed the course, you’ll be able to download your certificate of course completion.
About CWB Group
CWB is an industry-supported, private sector not-for-profit organization providing welding certification, management systems registration, and training services.